Thursday, June 7, 2012

Practice? We talkin about practice?

So, Indian Lake is up next, sunday is the day. I need a solid tournament (top 10) to stay in contention for a state team spot in the Ohio Bass Federation. I currently sit in 10th place, 7 points out of the last spot. I have been extremely busy with other stuff lately and beleive it or not, my only day I could make the 120 mile, one way trip to Indian Lake was last friday. It was worth it for the fishing but Ive convinced myself that the stuff that I did last week will be of little help this sunday.  The weather is going to be completely different so there is no way I can expect to have another day like I did friday but Im hoping the fish are in the same areas so my adjustments will have to be only technique related, not necessarily different water.

Im praying its not a re-deux of last year. I had a great practice leading up to a tournament on Indian Lake last year and ended up struggling majorly in the tournament.  This past friday I caught an insane sack of bass that was anchored by a spawned out female that weighed between 5 and 6lbs.  A true Ohio tank. If she would have been pre-spawn or even had regained some mid-summer weight, I think she could have been 7+, add that donkey to the multiple 3lbers I caught, I would have been culling 2.5lbers. Conservative estimate had me at 15lbs, realistic estimate 17lbs and  a possible but doubt it bag of 18lbs.


So at the risk of taking a wicked beating,  I feel pretty good about sunday.  I guess we will see how it goes.

Go Celtics!  Game 6 tonight!

5 comments:

  1. Did you catch your 18 pounds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, i got kicked, again, no need for arguing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously, thanks for following, its all good...

    ReplyDelete