Monday, October 10, 2011

Fish and Chips? WTF is that?

Crazy weekend and an even crazier couple of weeks to come!

Im sitting on my couch, contemplating what my wife and I are going to go do for my birthday on saturday afternoon. My wife and I never go out but we decided that morning we were going to go celebrate my 33rd b-day. We still hadnt figured out what we were going to do when I get a text message from Fletcher. "Party at my house", lol, I text back "serious?"  Fletcher - "yeah, be there here at 8". Sounds like the deal to me! The wife and I get ready and start heading north to Newcomerstown. I havent been to a real party in prob 3 or 4 years, let alone to a party with a bunch of youngsters. I dont even know if Im still cool, its been so long since I tried!

Me, dressed in my best rockstar atire complete with "Phil" from "The Hangover" hair, chain wallet and holey jeans and the wife showcasing her two best assets, I wont say what, are heading North bound in the GTO listening to our favorite gangster rap to get in the "fun" zone.

We arrive at 8ish and the craziness ensues, I dont want to get into all the details but it was alot of fun to say the least. Enough fun to cause a wicked headache for both of us and a great time getting to know some of  Fletchers other friends and family.




Now for the next episode! Fletcher calls me today, for those of you who dont know who Im talking about, Fletcher is Fletcher Shryock, 2012 Bassmaster qualifier, 2012 Elite Series qualifier and future fishing star. Anyway, he calls this evening and asks me if I ever heard of this "Fish and Chips" fishing/poker tournament in Oklahoma. Cant say that I have, I say.

Heres the deal, an Elite series angler is paired with a non-Elite series angler of their choosing (team type deal) and you fish a 2 day tournament and then there is a 2 day poker tournament. Points are awarded for each and a winner is crowned at the end of both. Tons of dough, tons of beer and hopefully tons of craziness. Its an invite only affair and Fletcher got the invite so there we have it. Fletchers asks me if I would want to roll, of course I say "F**K YES I WANT TO ROLL!" So the stage is set, we are going to spend 4 days at the Red River practicing for the Bassmaster Classic and another week in Oklahoma at Grand Lake working. We leave on the 26th, its gonna be EPIC!

STAY TUNED

Late
S.T.P.

9 comments:

  1. thats nice weasel! keep at it and hopefully ill see you out on the water some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok im sure we will meet up out there im usually on the water every night. c u soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi cowboy steve just wanted ur latest fishin report

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi weasel and steve, I like to catfish every night on the water. sometimes when i dont catch anything i listen to heavy metal music and they start biting again. maybe we could all go catfishing together on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi there mr anonymous, i have not been on steves blog for awhile but i think a night out on the lake listening to metal music and catfishin would b great. we should hook up im sure steve would b up for is

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi weasel, I got a Quiet Riot cd for Christmas and I think when bang your head comes on we could kill them big catfish. My mom said I could go just as long as Im not drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes i agree with u, maybe i could bring my twisted sister cd. we could bring some Zima maybe ur mom might not detect that smell!!!

    ReplyDelete