Saturday, October 22, 2011

Gearing up...

A handful of things are going on but nothing real exciting. First off, Fletcher and I wont be heading to Oklahoma. Money is tight for both of us, tournament fees are going to be due next month and it just didnt seem like a great idea to go blow a couple grand on a tournament that really meant nothing to either one of us as far as long term goals go. So, he will be preparing for the Classic and the Elite Series next season and I am preparing to make another run at qualifying for the Elites.

Ive also acquired two new legitimate sponsorship deals with Skeeter and Power-Pole. Being added to the Skeeter fishing team is a big deal to me and while Ive been representing Skeeter for a few years already just simply by running a Skeeter boat, I now will be officially apart of the Skeeter team. What does this mean? Still not totally sure yet but one thing is for sure, my new boat is bad ass. It should be here in a few weeks and its fully rigged. If a man cant win out of this boat then he cant win. As soon as I get it, I will upload some pics.

As for Power-Pole. If you guys didnt know what a Power-Pole is, check out any pic of an Elite Series anglers boat and you'll see two of them. They are a hydraulicaly powered lever that folds down upon command that anchors your boat in place. These things have become absolutely essential for bed fishing and stealth approaches to fishing holes. One is great, two is better and if you are fishing in shallow water (8 feet or lower) these things have to be on your christmas list. Click on the link above if you think you might be in the market.

The schedule has also been released. In January, Ill be heading to the Harris Chain of lakes in Florida near Orlando. Florida kicked my but last season but I learned some things and hopefully Ill do a little better this time around. March is Lake Norman...again. Im not really excited about going back to Lake Norman but I prob should be. I now have 10 days worth of experience on that lake, I know what not to do and those hopefully will go a long way. Its also where Fletcher won last season and he has said he would help me if he isnt fishing it, I dont think he is however, those sort of things rarely pan out. Getting help from someone else often does nothing but screw up your week. So Im going to go into it with and open mind and try to establish some other things that I prob should have tried last season. The 3rd stop is Lewis Smith lake in Alabama. I dont know much about that lake other then its one of Gerald Swindles home lakes and that it has loads of boat docks.

I may end up signing up for the Northern open at the Detroit River as well, registration starts the first of November and unlike last year, I have priority entry (part of the Skeeter deal) so I will have 100% guarentee for getting in.  That already makes it better then last year!  

S.T.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment