Sunday, February 26, 2012

Classic Time....

The Bassmaster Classic is in the books and Chris Lane has now won back to back tournaments, one being the debacle in florida at the Harris Chain and now the big daddy. Congratulations to him, I actually talked to him for a few minutes at one of the ramps down in Florida. Seemed like a good dude so Im happy for the guy. He certainly has taken his game to the next level and watching the live weigh-in on line was motivation enough to keep trying to get there. While he took the next step, I prob have about 6 steps I need to take to get to that level and it all starts next month at Lake Norman.

Fletcher also did not disapoint while Im sure he is disapointed in himself. He made all of us around here proud and he battled hard, caught his limits both days and narrowly missed making the final day cut. His season and his career has just started however and alot of great things are around the corner for him. It wont be his last classic and Im sure is ultra pumped to get to the first stop on the Elite Series schedule.

My gear is close to being ready for the trip south, Im gonna make it happen down there. Balls out, Im going down swinging for the fences and if I get knocked out,  its on to the next one.  My wife and I have a solid plan for the future and it includes a path to the classic. I will continue to work to get better and I will continue to work to get ourselves in a situation that will allow that to happen.  Its comming, maybe not next month, or next year or even 5 years,  but I know deep down its gonna happen. My time will be...

S.T.P.

6 comments:

  1. Go get em dude!!!!! I am sure you will do well at this one....maybe your classic will be in 2013?!?!?! Good luck bro!!

    Flippin 416

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck from the MeatBone!!!!

      Delete
  2. Glad to see your head is on right...make us proud, you know you can do this!!! Good Fishing! Intimidator

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks yall, cant wait to get there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve found your blog through your link at Bass Boat Central. I've just spent the past couple of hours reading up. Really interesting to follow along. I did about you and other blogs on your blogroll. Wish I would have found you sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks alot! glad your on board and hope you enjoy my struggles:)

    ReplyDelete