Monday, September 26, 2011

Its been awhile

Been crazy busy lately and havent been fishing much. Ive got my boat to a sellable condition and I will be taking it down to Boatboys this week. The new boat has been ordered and I cant wait to get it. Its a brand new Skeeter ZX20 with the Yamaha 250 SHO 4 stroke motor. According to test numbers, it should run in the mid 70s. Thats pretty exciting. As soon as I get it, Ill upload some pics but its prob at least a month and a half to two months away from delivery.

I want to congratulate Fletcher Shryock, dude qualified for the Elite Series through the Northern Opens by finishing 5th in points this season. I talked to him sunday and he is amped to get going. Im going to try to get down to Shreveport to help him practice for the Classic in February but my schedule and his schedule might keep that from happening. Either way, Im sure he is going to do great in the Classic and in the Elite Series next season.

Update: Closure for the Nate Wellman scandle has came about. Wellman and B.A.S.S. came to a mutual agreement that Wellman would not fish the final event of the Northern Opens thus making him ineligible to compete in the Bassmaster Classic. I had mentioned this as a possible outcome a few weeks back to a handful of insiders and we all agreed that it was fitting that he not be allowed to compete. Im glad that whole deal is in the rearview, I think it soured alot of fans of the sport, at least the initial decision.

Now, all Im doing is trying to make some money to pay for the upcoming season, Im looking forward to finding out what the schedules will be for next year and I cant wait to get my new boat. I want to thank Todd Thompson and Skeeter for adding me to the Skeeter fishing team and I hope I can hold up my end of the bargain by doing well in the Opens next year.

Late, S.T.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment