Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Its News, Right?

Im leaning towards black eye. They say any publicity is good publicity but I doubt Nate Wellman is agreeing with that sentiment. According to http://www.wired2fish.com/ Nate Wellman has been banned from FLW competions for at least one year. This incident has put our sport in a negative light and the backlash that has transpired from the light punishment laid down by B.A.S.S. has certainly not done much to help our reputation as a squeaky clean organization.

Butt, for every cheater out there, there are 1000 guys that follow the rules to a T. The guys that we should be focusing on are the truely good guys out there. Guys like Edwin Evers, Gerald Swindle, Skeet Reese. Guys like Kevin Van Dam, Greg Hackney and John Crews are just a handful of dudes that we all strive to be like. They embrace the rule book and would never even consider breaching a rule purposely.

Late last year (around this time) I was contemplating signing up for the opens. The first thing I did was read the rules. I prob read through them about 20 times just to make sure I wasnt going to screw something up. Something that stood out was the very rule that Wellman violated.

Because I am such an obscene, joking, fun person, I felt that I had better be on my p's and q's during tournament time because the last thing I wanted to do was say something completely retarded that would get me into trouble. I cant imagine a scenario where I would joke about cheating so I cant really identify with Wellman and his excuse.  Its something you just dont do, its bad taste and completely stupid. Either way, he deserves the fallout, more if it was sincere but just as much for being ignorant.

Now its time to move on, he should and we should. Learn from others mistakes and your own. Its the only thing you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment