Friday, April 8, 2011

A new day...

The weather has taken a change for the better, warm air, warm water and warm rain equal good fishing. I have my first local tournament of the season tomorrow at Buckeye Lake. I did a minimal amount of pre-fishing last week and it was purposely done. Last year, my partner and I figured a few things out about fishing Buckeye Lake and pulled a 3rd place even though I broke off  3 nice fish on hooksets, since then I have changed line brands (who wouldnt) and made a few other minor adjustments that will hopefully equate to a paycheck. I have a few things that I know work well at this lake and burning fish during practice is a waste of time and fish. Not to mention, gasoline is approaching $4.00 a gallon! I hope we do well, I need to make some money to pay for the next B.A.S.S. event and it would be nice to start the local scene on a good note. Did I mention how awesome it is to have a tournament that I dont have to travel hundreds and hundreds of miles for? Buckeye Lake is 30 minutes from my house, its an awesome spring lake and I will be shocked if it takes less then 13lbs to win. Last year, even with only 3 fish, we weighed almost 10lbs. Averaging 3lbs per aint bad for an Ohio inland lake huh?

Late, S.T.P.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck buddy! I'll be @ work on Saturday & Sunday after being sick for the past week.

    ReplyDelete