Sunday, April 17, 2011

Two tournaments, two days of windy terror...

Ok, monkey is off the back, now I can get rolling. Managed to win a tournament this past weekend even though conditions were brutal. If wind never happens ever again, I wont miss it. I know most anglers will tell you that they love some wind but god almighty, it can be over done. Gusts of 50mph is a bit overboard. My personal preference is either a slight chop on the water or no wind at all. Why? Because I can work a bait much more effectively if I dont have to fight dam tornado like winds. Alum Creek twin rivers open on saturday was bad but it didnt keep my partner and I from wining ALL of the money considering nobody else had a fish. Seriously? Nobody else caught a fish. Its not like we burned up the water but a 5lb smallie is awesome in any tournament. Sunday didnt go quite as well considering  a costly error took us out of the money. I havent even seen the results yet so I have no idea where we finished, all I know is it took 10lbs to win and 7lbs to cash and I broke off a pig that was caught up under a dock. Since we finished the day with 5lbs on 4 keepers then Im pretty certain that fish would have put us above 8lbs or higher. Oh well, got a bit of a break for a few weeks, hopefully I can afford to fish (gas $ is sickening me) for fun.

S.T.P.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the win (and the 5lb smallie). I drove by buckeye Sunday after fishing a smaller lake hoping to hide from the wind. Looked like a workout to fish buckeye yesterday.

    ReplyDelete