Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day Two and the Cut...

First off, the post below was made by my brother, I just didnt have the time to make an entry and I had to tell you all, I didnt want anyone to think I was going all "Ricky Henderson."

So to the fishing. Day two, I can only say that it was tough to get that 10lbs. It took me all day and two of my fish that culled out smaller fish were sort of freakish bites in that they hit right at the boat. I knew that my fish were toast going into the final day but I held out hope that the house foundation I was fishing would replenish itself. I found out after the weigh in that a big local night tournament went on friday night well into saturday morning and since that foundation would be perfect for some hot night action I would bet the farm that the locals raped my spot for all it was worth. I struggled all day to get bit and it showed with that pathetic day three weight but honestly, I didnt care. Of the three tournaments on the schedule I felt Douglas would be my biggest challenge. After failing to take the advice of some great fisherman in the first two tournaments, I finally told myself to just do what Im good at and make it work. At Norman and Toho I didnt really do that and what sucks is that if I had had 2 good days instead of 1 good day in both of those tournaments, there is a chance I could have qualified for the Elites.

The final weigh-in was insane. 500 people, all eyes on you, pictures snapping, excitement, adrenaline, it would have been awesome if I could have had a huge sack of fish but my little fish didnt keep all the kids and fans from asking for autographs and pictures. How cool is that? Bananas!

So now my attention shifts to locally. I have two tournaments next weekend, both at Alum and hopefully I can catch some smallies. I will absolutely be signing up for the opens again next season and Im going to be dangerous! Better watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment