Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 1

I might as well get into it, I'm bored out of my mind and the wife is at work. As much as it pains me to do so because I hate most things retro (clothes, music, furniture etc.) I'm gonna have to go back a few days since the tournament was this past weekend. I left Ohio on a Thursday evening. I had been up the entire day that day so driving to Florida through the night was not going to be the easiest of tasks but I figured the adrenaline would make up for the lack of sleep. I was sort of right, I was wickedly tired but the second I got to the lake (15 hours later) I had the itch to get on the water, but before I get to that I have to talk about the trip itself.  My truck gets a mind numbing 9.9 mpg while towing my Skeeter boat which means i have to stop and fill up about every 220 miles. Can somebody explain to me why the gasoline in West Virginia cost more by $.20 per gallon then any other state from Ohio to Florida? No wonder the people in WVA dont have anything, they have to drive through mountains everywhere they go and then they get raped at the gas pumps when their 4x4 gets low on fuel. Anyway, stopping and getting fuel at some of these gas stations in the middle of the night will make you wish you had your concealed carry license. Everybody seems like a shady character  getting ready to rob you at gun point. In the daytime, everyone looks harmless but as soon as its 2 a.m. for some reason those same people look like Charles Mansons cell mate. I'm sure most of them are wonderful people but your mind is telling you to "get the damn gas cap on and lets get the hell out of here!". After 950 miles and 5 fill ups, i made it to Lake Toho in Kissimmee Florida. I was pumped just to get out of the snow, BRING ON THE BASS!

S.T.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment