Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Friends...

I got hooked up with a guy named Mike White through my contacts at Boat Boys in Newark Ohio, the area Skeeter dealer. This guy had fished the opens a few years back and actually had a chance to make the elite series if not for an unfortunate "fire" at his hotel the night before the last tournament at Santee Cooper.  You cant imagine what this guy went through the week of that tournament, I'm not gonna get into out of respect to him (its a hillarious story but if it happened to you, you wouldnt be laughing) but lets just say, I would have cried. Anyway, Mike deserves some major props from me, not only did he help me out with alot of logistics that I would have never even thought about but he hooked me up with a traveling buddy for the entire week. Nothing like finding another guy trying to make it, sleeping in his truck, with nobody to chill with, it was odd. Brannon Long, from Texas, an extremely dedicated fisherman that has already accomplished so much in the business. I strive to be where he is, sponsorships, financial backing and a great self promotor. If I want to get where I want to be, I have to be more like Brannon. Check him out online as well, he represents some great products and he can tell you all about them!

We shared a load of hillarious moments during last week, my favorite being a guy that wanted Brannon to hook him up with an endorsement from Skeeter. After cornering Brannon in a one toilet public bathroom, he grilled Brannon about his sponsors and then proclaimed that he had "payed his dues" by tournament fishing "for 4 years" "ever since I was 50" he said. WOW! you've been at it a long time there buddy!  Im not gonna name names but this guy then proceeded to blank on the first day of the tournament and then only get 2 the second day.  I would say, spend a few more years out there, give your entry fees to the big boys a couple of 50 more times, then you can use the "I payed my dues" line. You might want to also throw in a win or two...   

later peeps

S.T.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment