Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Turning Pro...

This, being my first blog, first media, first attempt at creatively writing about fishing and first time trying to promote myself via the world wide web, might end up being a disaster but I reckon you have to start somewhere. Anyone reading this might find that I am not the typical fisherman you think of although my type is becoming more and more prevalent. I am not Bill Dance, Hank Parker or Jimmy Houston. I am not politically correct and I have had a tendency to rub certain people the wrong way in the past. I am opinionated, I am relatively brash when compared to alot of people in the fishing industry and I am extremely loyal to the products I use. If I say something works, its because it does and not because they are paying me and I'll be honest, nobody is paying me squat as of right now.

I may from time to time get into the technical aspect of bass fishing as I like to teach people what I know but I'm going to try to treat this as more of a diary about what its like trying to become a professional tournament angler. If you start reading this because you want to know what to throw when the water is high and muddy and the pressure is high and your on the back side of a cold front then you might end up getting bored but if you want to know what its like trying to qualify for the B.A.S.S. elite series without financial backing from major sponsors then you may find yourself interested.

I try to make things amusing but I often only make myself laugh (I'm cracking up right now) "chirp chirp" thats what I thought, really not that funny but I hope to get better. I'm gonna make this my first entry and hopefully there will be enough people interested to keep me from abandoning this whole deal at a future date.  Later folks

S.T.P.

1 comment:

  1. hey steven! enjoyed reading your blogs and wish you all the best with your fishing career

    ReplyDelete