Thursday, January 27, 2011

Practicing for big tournaments...

What you end up with is a cobbled up mess, or at least I do. I get a few bites here, I get a few bites there but what always ends up happening is I get worried about burning fish up during practice so I leave an area or I try something that has nothing to do with anything. For instance, if I hook a nice fish or two on the end of a laydown with a jig, then all the sudden I start  cranking the banks around the laydown. Seems pretty ass backwards but its how I do it. In Florida this week, I spent most of my practice days looking for other ways to catch the fish I was catching. The problem with that is, you caught them for a reason, because you were doing something right. If you suddenly change that, then you wont catch squat. I would like to think I could have caught 200 bass over the past week if that was my intent but I'm probably kidding myself. I reckon the moral of the story is, there is a fine line between fishing and pre-fishing. The last thing you want to do is burn through fish you would have caught during the tournament, that makes for a dull practice but I would rather catch them during the tourny then the week before the tournament starts. So if anyone else asks me why I didnt catch more fish, this is my new excuse...

later

S.T.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment