Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fishing Expos and Boat Shows

I'm sure anyone reading this has been to one or two or twenty. If you're a patron, then your walking around, meeting people, looking at new baits and hopefully buying some. If your working, you're standing in one place, meeting many people, looking at your own baits and hopefully selling some. To me, there is nothing I would rather talk about then fishing and these boat and tackle shows gives a man the opportunity to talk about fishing for hours at a time.

A fella by the name of Jamie Fabian who happens to also be a fellow Warrior Baits pro staffer was working the booth alongside Brandon Estep (owner of Warrior Baits) and I. This guy has accomplished alot over the last few years and he was one of the original qualifyers for the Elite series when it was just getting started in 2005. His stories are priceless but one in particular stood out to me.

One of my concerns about fishing as a pro was getting a non-boater that was a pain in my ass. So far I have yet to experience that issue but good ol' Jamie Fabian has. The one that made an impression on me was stellar. Jamie explained that it was an extremely hot day and the two guys had already butted heads a few times. Jamie said that he made a cast and looked over his shoulder to see his non-boater stripping his clothes off, down to nothing but a speedo.  Sexy! I know, right? He then proceeded to lather himself up with suntan lotion. Jamie explained that he was not going to let him role in his boat in nothing but a speedo. Jamie had to call the tournament director on the spot to report the guy.  What a nightmare! The sad thing is, I have friends that have asked me if they could come fishing with me and wear a speedo. I obviously said....Yes! Mainly because I find it hilarious but I reckon it would be extremely weird if the guy were a complete stranger.  Scott Rawlings from Frankfort Ohio, yes I'm talking about you!  Our wives think both of us are nuts but hey, if you cant have fun fishing, when will you ever have fun.

S.T.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment