Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The New Generation of Fisherman...

I hear alot about this topic in some of the forums I frequent and I'm not sure I even know what this means. Guys like Ike have ushered in a different type of angler that rub some people the wrong way. A guy mentioned earlier that some of us look more like skateboarders then fisherman. What is wrong with that? I love to fish, I also dont like dressing like the typical fisherman that everyone expects us to look like. You are never going to catch me wearing a giant sunhat, Im never going to have 12 rooster tails, crankbaits and master angler pins adorned on my person. Im never going to be wearing a fishing vest that has flies sticking out of the pockets and Im surely not going to wear a t-shirt with some goofy fishing slogan like "kiss my bass". Does that make me stuck up or arrogant, I dont think it does. It seems that this whole debate comes down to a generational gap. These people that think we look goofy are the same people that me and my friends think look goofy. I know Ike goes crazy from time to time but what is wrong with a guy that loves doing what he is doing. What he is doing is expressing what he is feeling inside, we all have different emotions and we all express those emotions in a different manner. You just cant tell someone how they should react, its a reaction. That means you reacted, which in turn means, you did not plan it. I would like to see how you would react at catching a big money fish, you might end up acting just like us.

No comments:

Post a Comment