Monday, February 7, 2011

Getting Ready For Norman...

A little over a month seperates me and the next tournament. I'm fighting the urge to plan out scenarios and plot strategies because its a huge waste of time. I have no idea what the fish are going to be doing or where there going to be doing it. The weather has been abnormally cold this winter for North Carolina which makes it more likely that fish will still be in a pre-spawn pattern but I guess I wont really know until I get down there.

 I've been looking into getting affiliated with a quality rodmaker and a new friend of mine turned me on the a brand called Esox Rods out of Indiana. I contacted them about possibly trying out a few rods before I commit to buying anything but I havent recieved any responses. Ive been using G Loomis rods for 5 years or so, I really do love the quality but I am harsh on equipment and I really cant afford to replace 3 or 4 broken rods every season, not to mention the ones that end up in the lake...

There is a tackle expo this weekend at the state fairgrounds, I will be at the Warrior Baits booth, come and introduce yourself, I always enjoy meeting people interested in tournament fishing and fishing in general. If for some reason you dont like me or I have rubbed you the wrong way for whatever reason, come tell me that too, I dont take anything too seriously.

Talk with ya soon, S.T.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment