Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Thoughts on the Classic...

Big surprise huh, KVD kicks everyones butt again. The guy is a machine, I cant recall another athlete that has ever dominated their sport quite like KVD has. I would cut my left testicle out with a dull butter knife to be in his position. I can only pray that one day I get to fish against him, let alone beat him. He is a class act and a great representative of our sport.

While its disapointing that the coverage of the classic is a week old,  I wouldnt be surprised if next years classic is a live coverage event that will be aired on Versus channel. There are moments that might not make it to air, and if they do, they will probably be edited down for time restraints and its a shame. Gerald Swindle, who kicked my ass at Toho, really showed you why he is such a popular guy, I hope it makes it to the week old espn coverage. Someone needs to come out with an "all fishing" channel that would air the Classic in its entirety. I would watch the whole thing if it was accessible.

 If you hadnt noticed, guys like Mark Zona, Charlie Moore and a few others have taken their shows to Versus, probably because espn and B.A.S.S. have cut ties. It seems as though espn has started to phase out its coverage of fishing in general, not just B.A.S.S. Its very disapointing but maybe the new owners of B.A.S.S. have better ideas on how to cover the events. Someday, someone is going to figure it out and hopefully our sport will get the recognition it deserves.

S.T.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment