Friday, March 4, 2011

For all you musky hunters out there...

I am by no means a musky fisherman, I would never claim to be an expert at it, I would never claim to know what I am talking about when it comes to this particular species of fish. Having said that, I do enjoy when I happen to come accross one, or two, or six. A local lake near Columbus Ohio is infested with them, I personally think the musky population has hurt the smallmouth population in this lake but none the less, they rarely get removed from the lake and in fact, ODNR strives to protect these fish. I have no problem with that as, like I said, I do enjoy catching them. The reason I am writing this post is to let everyone reading know that if you want to hook into some of these beasts, Alumcreek is a great place to do it, especially this spring. Not to sound too much like a fishing report, because it isnt, I can however let you know what you need to catch these monsters. All you have to do is GO BASS FISHING! When the water temps get above 45 in the coves, go bass fishing. Throw stuff you would throw for bass, I promise you will catch them. Rattle Traps are my personal favorite but spinnerbaits, jigs and the such will work as well. Dont do anything special, dont use any special gear, just go bass fishing and when you see some guy out there with an ocean rod and a Mepps spinner the size of your leg tied on, try not to laugh so hard that he hears you. What fun is it hooking a big fish like that if all you do is winch it to the boat? You're normal baitcasters will handle them just fine and if you dont believe me.... that fish was caught on a medium action topwater rod with a black warrior baits buzzbait on 12lb mono.  JUST GO BASS FISHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment