Sunday, March 27, 2011

What went wrong...

I've been reflecting since I got back and I can see a few of the major mistakes I made. Even before I left, I felt like if I could find dirty water I would be able to find some quality fish. I went all the way up into the river just like Fletcher Shryock did and I actually fished a small inlet that sounds similar to the area he said he caught most of his fish from. I spent about an hour in there and I saw no signs of bass. Judging by what he was able to accomplish, my gut was right but I didnt trust it. If I would have spent a little more time up there I may have been able to make it pay off but it just didnt happen. I have very little experience fishing clear water and I should have just accepted it as a weakness and tried to avoid it but I didnt. Instead I stubbornly told myself that I will figure it out and again, I didnt. Everybody says, "fish your strengths" I havent done that in either of the first two tournaments and it shows. I absolutely have to figure something out at Douglas that is all my own and nobody elses or I'm gonna get kicked again.

No comments:

Post a Comment