Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Its upon me...

First off, cant believe none of you bastards have responded to the "comments" post but thats neither here nor there. Ive been practicing for the Lake Norman tournament since last friday and all I can say is I'm about as ready as I'm gonna be. I've caught tons of spotted bass but the size is not always there. Ive caught some really nice largemouth but the numbers are lacking. Ive got a ton of different ways I can catch the spots but I'm going to have to run through an insane amount of short fish to get a limit of keepers (14''). So far during practice I've been able to do that every day but when game day rolls around its usually a little more difficult. For those of you who want to know, a shaky head worm is freakin deadly on spotted bass, especially around submerged rockpiles in 15' of water. I caught the biggest one I have ever seen today, I just hope its willing to cooperate 2 days from now. I threw it on the measuring bored just to see how long it was, it was longer then my boared by about 3" and my bored is 18". I have no idea what it weighed but it was a beast. Im guessing close to 4 but I'm really not sure, the North Carolina state record is only 6 and some change. I hope that chunk is still there on thursday.

later
S.T.P.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck! Keep us informed and make us pround!
    Intimidator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get on ESPN and read some of the BASS articals, they have posted some stuff that they're seeing...The Big Bass are supposedly spawning and on the beds...Then get on the Lake Norman Forum and listen to the locals!:)

    ReplyDelete