Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lake Norman...

Been packing all day, getting all the essentials rounded up and situated, got me a nice new mohawk haircut (B.A.S.S. might not like it so much) and I'm ready to hit the road tomorrow morning. My gear has been ready for weeks but I went ahead and checked everything over. Picked up a few swimbaits from Warrior baits, hoping they turn out to be my secret weapon (thanks Brandon Estep at Warrior). Also got a chance to talk with Larry Nixon last week at the Knox Marine open house (I was there representing Warrior). Larry is a legend, 2 angler of the year titles and a Classic Championship, one of the all time greats. He has a great track record on Norman and he gave me a few key spots that he says has quality fish, I plan on being all over those spots but I also have some ideas of my own. This lake is loaded full of boat docks and riprap, two things I feel suit my strengths. My traveling buddy from the last tournament has decided not to make the trip from Texas to North Carolina so I'm all by my lonesome again, gas prices are killing America. I wish I could get a truck that got about 35mpgs and still be able to tow my Skeeter. Completely rambling at this point, hopefully this time tomorrow I will be laying into some big spots and largemouths.

later
S.T.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment