Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 1

Well....??? Thats what everyone says to me, wife, father, brother and freinds. It started terrible, didnt even get a bite at my first two areas, I then proceeded to a cove where I thought I could get a few off of some docks when I spotted her. 4lbs, nice big fat female chillin on a nice new warm bed. I have no idea where the buck was, never did see him. I dropped a shaky head worm on to her nicely made bed and she sucked it in as soon as it hit the blanket. I set a mad hook on her and she darted here and there before she shot out of the water. Thats when disaster struck, a few head shakes and that was all she wrote. I went back to her bed 3 times and all three times she saw me and would bolt for deeper water. Im praying she is still there when I go back tomorrow. After that, I regrouped, went back to doing what i knew would work and started catching some nice spotted bass. Alltogether about 10 keepers and 4 culls. I ended the day with 9 lbs in 74th out of 179. Im only about a 2 lbs out of the money right now and if I had caught that fish I lost I would be in the top 25. Hopefully I can do a little better tomorrow and push myself into the top 40, I need a check.

S.T.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment