Friday, July 8, 2011

The Leaderboard...

Watching the leaderboard for the first Northern Open at the James River in Virginia was like going to the dentist. It hurt seeing those guys doing their thing and not being apart of it. Not becuase I think I could have done well but because there is nothing like fishing in those national tournaments. In fact, the reason I didnt sign up for the Northerns was because of this particular tournament. My experience on tidal rivers is non-existent so expecting nothing but success would have been a little bit far fetched although one of my strengths is being able to adapt to something new and fishing shallow is definetely a strength as well, so who knows maybe I would have done well. One thing I didnt expect to see was the number of Elite series anglers. There was only 130 pro anglers and probably close to 30 of them were either current or former Elite series guys. Thats a tough road. I think the difference is the fact that some guys didnt qualify for the Classic through the Elites and the Northerns is there last shot to make it. Looks like 40 to 50lbs is going to win it and good ole Iaconelli has a shot as he sits in 3rd. A local guy is winning with 30lbs after 2 days, always nice to see a local do well. Good luck to everyone in the top 12!

S.T.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment