Saturday, May 21, 2011

Alum Open....

Thank god for my partner, Tom Lacks. Dude is one of the better smallmouth fisherman around. You all know him as Thick Rick on your favorite Columbus rock station 99.7 the Blitz. We finished 3rd today with a little over 9lbs, all smallies, 3 were very nice, the other two cost us a win. Congrats to Mike Reeves and Marshall Yarnell on their win with a sweet bag of 10.5lbs give or take a few tenths.

Alum Creek smallies are fun to catch if you know where to get them. Get out on those rocky points and drag your favorite lures around, mine happens to be a Warrior Baits Reaper. Im not even sure Brandon is still making them but they are sick for smallmouth fishing. Glad I got loads of them to last me for awhile. As soon as Thick Rick sends me the pics, I will post them and give you a little more detail about how to catch them at Alum. Should make for a good pic. Later peeps.

S.T.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment