Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bed Fishing...

I am self-admitedly terrible at bed fishing. I do alot of things wrong, I am usually not properly prepared for a bed when I stumble accross one and when I say stumble, thats usually exactly how I find a bed, by accident. I have never spent a day totally sight fishing for bed fish and my experience fishing on beds compared to the Elite Series guys is pretty much non-existent. Living in Ohio makes it a little tougher to do it as the lakes are small, usually pretty dirty and our springs seem to be more windy then other parts of the country (I could be wrong but it just feels that way). Needless to say, getting better at fishing for spawning bass is a major goal of mine. To my credit, I have caught plenty of spawning fish, the smallies that I target at Alum Creek are up on the points that I fish because they spawn there. Alot of the largemouth that I catch throughout May are indeed spawning, but I catch them sort of blindly, not really knowing where their bed is but just casting at targets that would likely hold a fish, some of those fish happen to be spawning.

I read and research just like anyone else and one of the things I have been researching is bed fishing. I stumbled across this guide much like I stumble across beds so if you suck at bed fishing like I do, then maybe this link will help you like I think it will help me.

S.T.P.

http://www.bassfishin.com/blog/bed-fishing-spawn-bass/

No comments:

Post a Comment