Sunday, May 15, 2011

Old School...

I used to fish Lake Rupert in Vinton county almost daily. My dad would drop off my brothers and I at the lake, we would fish all freakin day, then he would come get us. I havent been fishing there for 15 years but I know that lake like the back of my hand. So when Brandon Estep(above) from Warrior Baits asked me about some hot spots on the lake, I obviously told him everything I knew. Im sure he was thankful because the beast he caught had NOTHING to do with the info I shared. LOL. Thats why we practice huh.  That big one was caught on a 4" Warrior Craw and it weighed 6lbs. If you havent picked up some of those craws, your missing the boat. Insanely versatile (trailer, texas rigged, punching matts, with skirt without skirt, swimming etc) a must for anyone fishing heavy cover.

2 comments:

  1. Can't hardly believe someone caught a 6 pounder out of Lake Rufus.

    -jp-

    ReplyDelete
  2. right.... i told him the troll along the creek channel underneath the power lines... dont know why he didnt listen.lol

    ReplyDelete