Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Curve...

When you think about curves, you think about catching a break, getting some sort of a handicap based on the way things have went in the past. In fishing there is no curve, what you see is what you get, the board is face value and it doesnt lie. Anything that happened on the water that you cant see on the board is nothing but an excuse. I lost this fish, I lost that fish, I broke down, I broke off, yada yada yada. The board has no sympathy and its the only thing people see in the end and all it shows is one thing, did you catch them.

I welcome new comers to the tournament world but I loathe people that say they can do it but they never try nor have any intention of ever trying, why? Because in reality, they have no confidence in themselves. One excuse or another, its all the same. "I could do it, I know I could, I catch so many bass, Im just as good as those guys but..." but, but, but what?. "I dont have a boat"... Every big tournament I fish is filled with guys competing on the co-angler side that dont own boats. They live and breath fishing but for whatever reason in their life, they dont have a boat. It doesnt keep them from tournament fishing.
"I dont have the money". There are plenty of small bass clubs out there that would welcome you with open arms and they all have easily affordable pot tournaments nearly every week. For those of you that feel you need a boat, and you want a boat. There are boats in EVERY price range. I for one, do not look down on those in affordable boats because I would also do whatever it would take to be on the water.

The reason I am saying all this is because there are alot of haters out there. We just want the haters to know that we see right through your bullshit. We know that you talk shit about tournament fisherman because you lack confidence in yourself. We know that you dont really know how to fish and trying to be-little those that do is your only solace. Its the only thing that makes you feel better about not being able to do what we do. Jealousy, but not jealous of money, or life, jealous of skill.

Those that are on our side, we know who you are and we get you, you get us and we appreciate it. Those that arent, your all just a miserable group of fisherman and yall can keep your neighbors pond to yourself cuz its the only place youll ever win a tournament, in a field of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment